The U.S. Federal IT market will reach $140 billion by 2023, growing at CAGR 3.6% in the period 2018-2023.
Let us put it bluntly – the Federal IT organization has never been considered the frontline of innovation and business leadership. Implementation of reforms in the period 2010-2016 has largely been hampered by three major factors:
- Political and managerial shifts within Federal government.
- Lack of skilled IT workforce. Government IT workforce is ageing. Top IT talent stays away from less paying government jobs.
- Huge maintenance costs of legacy systems bleeding innovation budgets.
The new White House administration is challenged to overhaul the entire Federal IT organization, betting on new technologies, “rent, not buy” principle, software defined everything, microservices, IT commoditization of Federal systems. Lack of qualified IT personnel could set back but not thwart these plans. The focus is on deployment of technologies proved their worth in the private sector.
The report provides detailed year-by-year (2018 – 2023) forecasts for the following U.S. Federal Government market segments:
- Agency-by-agency detailed forecasts for defense, civilian and intelligence segments;
- Hardware, software, IT consumables and contracted IT services;
- High priority segments: cloud computing, cybersecurity, BC&DR (business continuity & disaster recovery), and Enterprise Mobility Management;
- By investment type – National Security Systems, Mission Area Support, Infrastructure & Office Automation & Telecommunications, Grants to State and Local IT Investments, Enterprise architecture and planning.
Table of Contents
1. Market Report Scope & Methodology
1.2. Research Methodology
2. U.S. Federal IT Market in Numbers 2018-2023
2.1. Department of Defense: IT Market Forecast 2018-2023
2.2. Civilian Agencies: IT Market Forecast 2018-2023
2.3. U.S. Federal IT Market Forecast 2018–2023 by Defense and Civilian Agencies
2.4. Intelligence Community: IT Market Forecast 2018-2023
2.5. U.S. Federal IT Market Forecast 2018–2023 by Hardware, Software, IT Consumables and Contracted IT Services
2.6. U.S. Federal IT Market Forecast 2018-2023: High Priority Segments
2.7. U.S. IT Market 2018-2023 by Investment Type
List of Figures
Fig. 1- U.S. Federal Cumulative IT Market 2018-2023 by Investment Type, %
Fig. 2- U.S. Federal Cumulative IT Market 2018-2023 by Investment Type, $Mln
List of Tables
Table 1 – U.S. Federal IT Market Forecast 2018-2023, $Mln
Table 2 – DoD: IT Market Forecast 2018-2023 by Agency, $Mln
Table 3 – Civilian Agencies: IT Market Forecast 2018-2023 by Agency, $Mln
Table 4 – U.S. Federal IT Market by Defense and Civilian Agencies 2018-2023, $Mln
Table 5 – Intelligence Community: IT Market Forecast 2018-2023, $Mln
Table 6 – U.S. Federal IT Market Forecast 2018-2023 by Hardware, Software, IT Consumables and Contracted IT Services, $Mln
Table 7 – U.S. Federal IT Market Forecast 2018-2023 by High Priority Segments: Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, BC&DR and EMM, $Mln